Blondie and Read

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things: A Novel - Bryn Greenwood

This book destroyed everything I thought about love, family, and life. It chipped away at me, page by page, and then rebuilt me in a completely different fashion in the conclusion.

I went into this book knowing nothing. I just liked the title and the cover. Yes, I judged a book by the cover. I like ugly and dark and devastating when it comes to my books. This book did not disappoint.

Wavy is a character unlike any other I have read about. She isn't one that I can associate with easily, but I loved hearing from her side. The different perspectives on what was happening made the plot flow effortlessly, while still getting difference of opinions. You can get sucked in to how something looks up close, and then get an outsiders view and understand both to the fullest.

There are times when I could have cried, but I put the book down several times to stop myself. I needed a breather. This book deals with heavy subject matters, and a little air was nice. I don't want to go too much into, well, anything. I want you to experience the book the same way I did. Go in blind.

I definitely recommend.