megasaurusyoung

Blondie and Read

The Geography of Genius: A Search for the World's Most Creative Places from Ancient Athens to Silicon Valley - Eric    Weiner Actual rating: 2.5

I had a hard time getting through the chapters. Maybe travel writing isn't for me. Maybe Eric Weiner isn't for me. I just ... trudged. It was ok. I appreciate the amount of work that went into this and I found the premise of the book interesting, but just wasn't completely down for the execution. He jumped around a lot, and seemed to be talking more about different places rather than the one he was currently in. I just would have liked more. Maybe more dialogue between the people he was interviewing at the different sites? Maybe a more frequent visit to his central thesis? Maybe... just maybe...

He did have some really nice points. What I took away from the book was: "What is honored in a country will be cultivated there"

It ... was just ok for me. And reading other people's reviews I see that it just might not be my cup of tea.