megasaurusyoung

Blondie and Read

This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl

This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl - Esther Earl, Lori Earl, Wayne Earl, John Green I actually had a really hard time rating this book. I feel almost like a monster only giving it two stars. Let me explain. This book was not an emotional roller coaster like I thought it would be. It seemed like I was on the outside looking in. Yes, Esther sounded like an insanely amazing person. Awesome, even. Yes, she was loved. Yes, it is very sad she was taken at such an early age because of cancer. I'm not exactly sure the word I want to use. Indifferent is definitely not it just based on the fact that being indifferent to a girl's life taken from cancer is far from the truth. But, I was left wanting more. I wanted to be more involved in Esther's life and writing and was not.

A more in-depth review to be posted on my blog. I will update once it's published.

**EDIT** Up on the blog here: http://unkomminsense.wordpress.com/2014/07/07/my-year-in-books-this-star-wont-go-out-by-esther-earl-book-6/