megasaurusyoung

Blondie and Read

The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances

The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances - The Oatmeal, Matthew Inman I've read the Oatmeal on and off for awhile now. Enough to know that Inman is hilarious. I've already read his online version of The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distance, so when I saw that he was publishing it into a book with even more comics I needed it. My roommate, the ultra-skinny-vegan-friend-who-runs-for-fun, checked it out from the library and handed it to me, with a boys choir singing in the background and the clouds parting to shed light on this book. Or something like that. I grabbed it... and read it all in one sitting.

This book had me laughing out loud several times. This is where I apologize to my ultra-skinny-vegan-friend-who-runs-for-fun. I'm sure I kept her up that night, having started the book after 11pm. Sorry, girl. I just couldn't contain myself. I'm not going to even attempt to describe any of the comic because it will just ruin it. Read it.

It's funny for runners and non-runners alike. You can read the whole book in less than two hours. If you're looking for a laugh, I know where you should turn.

My rating and why: I gave this book four stars! I read it and super enjoyed it. While this is a comic, and definitely comedic, there are these awesome moments where Inman slaps you with some insanely insightful tidbit. I just love it. It definitely solidified why I want to be a runner, for sure.