megasaurusyoung

Blondie and Read

The False Prince

The False Prince - Jennifer A. Nielsen I got this book because I was talking about the reading challenge I'm doing and wanted to know of any good trilogies that I could do on audio (I'm already reading a physical copy book at home and wanted something for my car. Beep Beep!). This trilogy was recommended. I thought it would be awesome! A kingdom in ruin and deceit left and right. I was intrigued and ready for action.

I was disappointed. I understand that this book isn't for my age group, but this book was so terribly written. I was bored. Sage was one-dimensional, though Nielsen did try. I didn't believe in any of the characters.

Things conveniently happened. Where did you get that crown? Oh, stole it several chapters ago. How handy, right? No. It's obnoxious. It's not coy. I get that some authors try to keep us in the dark and have things revealed as the story progresses, but this was poorly done.

The climax wasn't very climaxy. No faster breathing. No relief afterward. I was less than impressed.

I'm unsure as to whether or not someone reading this in the correct age group would be entertained. I don't think I would be.

Short review for a short book.

The only reprieve this book had was with the voice actor. Thank you to McWade. He played the cocky, annoying Sage very well. The voice was exactly the voice I would imagine for this character. Fitting in every way.

I'll take better notes for books, so my reviews are flashes of what I think I remember.

My rating and why: I gave this book three stars. I read it and it just wasn't for me. I wasn't a huge fan, but it was ..... ok.